Friday, February 28, 2014

The scale vs me

That scale....the one that sits in the corner stating at me, taunting me. The one that says I dare you to throw me away...because I know you'll last half a day with out me. 
That damn scale. 
The one that I get on religiously every morning. That one that I then get on religiously every night. 
That awful scale.

Although, if I'm being fair, it's not all the scale's fault. Whether I have the scale or don't have the scale, a healthy view of my body is not something I believe I will ever have. 

I wonder about that sometimes. What caused it? What could have prevented it? Anything? Certainly I always compared myself to my skinny friends, the ones who naturally wore a size 4. My grandma always used to comment on my weight to tell me how fat I was getting. What was it about me, that I won the slow metabolism lottery?

At any rate, here I am now. 115 lbs lighter. I ran two miles today. And yet I got on the scale when I got home and was disappointed with what I saw. 

That damn scale. 

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. That scale does the same to me. I dont have a healthy view of my body even though i run. I know what running does on the inside. Its better for my heart and lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUIT GOING ON THE SCALE. There can be NO GOOD that comes from going on a scale daily and especially not twice a day. I can easily swing up or down a LOT of pounds just throughout the course of the day.

    You're doing yourself a disservice by doing that. You're taking all that work and then throwing it away. Let time pass between checking the scale and you'll start to see the rewards of your work pile up instead of quickly being wiped away by a number that can change drastically by the time you wake up.

    Don't be mean to Nicole.

    ReplyDelete