Monday, August 19, 2013

Are you a dirty girl?

Get your mind out of the gutter!!!

I mean literally dirty. Like full of mud dirty. I did the Dirty Girl Mud Run and Obstacle course this weekend with my friend Sue. We had an amazing time! The Dirty Girl is a women's only 5K that helps support Breast Cancer awareness.

This was kind of a big deal to me. I have done two half marathons for the CCFA, but I walked them both. *Disclaimer time here before someone or multiple someones yell at me*
I don't mean to say "Eye roll, I WALKED a 1/2 marathon, how hard is that?" because I've been yelled at many a time for that. And, for what it is worth, I will yell at anyone else who says that. Do you know how far 13.1 miles is? It's 13.1 MILES. And whether you walk it or run it, you still did 13.1 MILES. ON YOUR FEET. Like, not in a car with an engine and four wheels.

But this 5K I ran most of it. Which is a big deal to me and my health and how far I've come. It was a big deal to me because in the past couple months I've known a couple people diagnosed with breast cancer and it was an honor to do this in their name. It was a big deal to me because this was the first time my parents were able to see me do an event like this and finish it. And it was a big deal, because, well...it was just kind of a big deal. I did a 5K AND a bunch of crazy obstacles that no one should ever have to do much less covered in mud getting into crevices mud should never be in.

But...here are some pictures of my eventful weekend. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed doing them. I'll post an update when I get the professional shots that happened throughout the course.












2 comments:

  1. So very proud of you, for all of it! This race and everything else that got you to it.

    Keep killin' it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XOXO you make me pretty proud yourself over there little darlin'

      Delete